Friday, September 20, 2013

Happenings in Marissa's Life - September 2013

Marissa went on a cruise to the Bahamas as a nanny mid September 2013.  She had a great time and absolutely loves the kids she got to take care of.  Here is the one pic I have from the trip:

While she was gone - Tyler and I (and James :)) started her bug collection for her.  Ew- Ew -DOUBLE EW!!!  I hated it.  She had to finish it up when she got home.


One week in Young Women's the activity was on performing several acts of service each week.  Marissa and Emma (to the right of Miss) organized a bookmark making extravaganza and donated them to the library for one of their services.  Cute Cute!
Marissa was quite gung-ho about performing service all month.  She really took it to heart - and it was SUCH a great month.  Her happy attitude and service were addicting and she had Aaron and Krystal volunteering to help wherever and whenever  I'm so grateful for the wonderful young women leaders that so inspire Marissa.  Granted - she's a incredibly remarkable girl - just the slightest motivation goes a long way for her.  Such a good example! :)

Marissa loves to read.  She has multiple book/fictional character obsessions.  :)  I really like that about her - I also think it's one of the reasons she's such a smartical.  She attended the movie based on the book series "The Mortal Instruments" and had me draw all these elaborate runes all over her arms.  She's fun.  :)  She's also lucky to have an Aunt M who helps keep her beautiful.  Melynda permanently straightened Marissa's hair for her - and it turned out gorgeous!
 

This is a poem Marissa wrote me during her service month.  It truly made my day!  She has written several poems and stories in her Creative Writing class that have been recognized and awarded by her teacher.  She has a knack for writing, I think.

Busy Busy!  That's what happens to teenagers.  About twice a month - Marissa will just totally crash after dinner and sleep straight until morning!  She just goes and goes and goes.  We sure love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment