Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Girl's Camp - Manti Temple Walk - July 2014

Tyler, Marissa and I all had the incredible opportunity to attend Girls Camp this year. It was a special year, because we walked 14+ miles to the manti temple on one of the days together. What an amazing opportunity! 

 Here we are pre-camp ... all decked out in our cat gear -- which is the running joke/theme/style for all the girls and leaders in our ward.  I about fainted from laughter when Tyler walked in the house from the store sporting the winner shirt he found for himself!
 

I am so lucky that I got to walk with my Marissee-roo!  She ended up with huge blisters within the 2nd mile of our walk - but, like the trooper she is - finished the whole thing on foot!  (Just for the record ... her toes took months to heal afterwards!)  I'm so proud of her and her amazing attitude and optimism.  She is truly an example of "doing hard things".  Love her!
 

Walking that last stretch together, the three of us - was really rewarding.  Many of our ward members were waiting for us here at the temple - holding up pictures of our families - and handing out hugs and smiles.  It truly was a moment I will never forget - and cherish always.

Love this group of girls and leaders!

I am so grateful to be surrounded by temples and to be able to feel the presence of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ within their walls.  The peace and comfort and joy that comes from the blessings inside the temple are priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment