Saturday, June 15, 2013

Girl's Camp with My Missy Dee 2013

So - as I started putting pictures on this post, I thought - "well, this'll be easy - 'cuz I'll just post the pictures that have me or Marissa in them."  75 pictures later - I realized I needed to cut back.  Good grief!  I think we MAY have had a blast and a half or something!  So - here's Girl's Camp in about 40 pics (lol - it was the best I could do!)  The theme this year was BOOT Camp = Build Our Own Testimonies.

(Marissa is the 2nd over from the left, and I am the 2nd over from the right)

We were really blessed this year for our WARD camp to be able to stay in a leader's cabin just up past Midway.  So - we were in a beautiful area in a cabin with electricity ... only one bathroom - haha ... but, we managed and really -- had the time of our lives.  :)

The weather was beautiful, so we ate outside for every meal:

Played tons of games - 

And had lots of neat hiking, golden hour - spiritual experiences.  (Here is Marissa on the trust walk)



Girl's camp just isn't girl's camp without tons of crafting!  We each chose a "BOOT camp" name to hammer into our dog tag necklaces.  Marissa chose "MISS 2013" (which I tease her about, because really she just chose MISS - but wanted to put the year on her dog tag.  haha.  But - always and forever she will be know as "Miss 2013"  :)  I chose SUPER MEGA - becuase I like to go for super mega bonus points whenever I need a little boost in a game I'm losing. ha!)

We leaders really got a kick out of choosing names!  :)

The 4th year girls planned a fun game for us all to play -- the person in the middle names something she likes -- then, if you like that too - you have to get up and find a new seat!  Super fun!

So many things I like about these next 2 pics:  *Marissa trying her darndest to think of something she likes - haha!  *Becca's crazy happy face in the background - hahaha!  *Marissa's tongue poking out while she scrambles to find a new seat - hahahaha!

Every so often, I just "decided" not to like something so I didn't have to get up out of my chair.  ;)

DANCE party!  Believe me - that pole came in handy ...

All settled in for the night.  We leaders got the beds upstairs.  SO fabulous!

Lotsa fun games:



The YCL's doing their duty:


I was in charge of the pop-tab-bracelets craft.  And, after all the time I spent spray painting those stupid pop tabs - all I knew was that they had BETTER turn out awesome!


They did ...

I felt like I was doing hair pretty much nonstop.  Too bad I didn't have pinterest to help me out ... but, I held my own okay.  :)

We were able to do THE coolest service project.  We made Super-Hero finger puppets and magical wands for the Pediatric Unit at UVRMC.  They turned out so dang adorable!





When the bishopric joined us - we played this super crazy game where we had a big huge bubble wrap/packaging tape ball full of random prized.  When we rolled doubles - we got to take a turn trying to unwrap it layer by layer and collect as many prizes as we could.  It. Was. Crazyland!  (but, oh so much fun)

Here's Marissa saying, "I ROLLED DOUBLES!!  GIMME GIMME!"  :)


LOTS of laughs:

GREAT times with GREAT friends:

We didn't get pictures of all of our incredible "Golden Hours" and devotionals and spiritual experiences - I really think those help Girl's Camp be the over-all success that it is.  The spirit is so strong!

I was really touched with the award Marissa was presented with at the end of camp.  She was given the "Best Mentor and Example" Award.  I am SO SO SO proud of her.  She is such an incredible girl.  I am one lucky Momma.

One of the greatest weeks I've ever had!  LOVE these girls!


Love Overflowing ...

1 comment:

  1. Great memories! You definitely needed that many pics. How did you get a place with couches and carpet?!

    ReplyDelete