Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 2013 - 24 Days of Christmas

We didn't go out much the entire month of December - and the 24 Days of Christmas turned out really special regardless.  We did a lot of old fashioned treat making, game playing, and crafting -- and that turned into some great bonding.  My testimony of families being put together on earth together with specific people has been strengthened.  These kids were meant to be together - I am in awe with the loyalty and connection they have with each other.  I'm so grateful to have been reminded of this, because lately they had been fighting like cats and dogs!  But, deep down - the love they have for each other is so strong.  I know they were close in the pre-life and are here on earth now together to strengthen and help each other on their journeys.

One of the kids' favorite traditions is getting a new ornament of their own and decorating the tree.  They've each accumulated many ornaments over the years and our tree is becoming full and close to stuffed!  I love it.

We had the annual visit from Santa Claus at Grandma and Grandpa Jenson's house.  And that is always a favorite night!

Krystal asked for a My Life Doll.  Aaron asked for an I-Home (but broke his I-Pod the very next week :( - so changed his mind to a Wii/X-Box Game).  Marissa asked for a ukulele!
 

(Side Note - Marissa LOVES this Christmas sweater!  AND totally rocks it!  Her Grandma Jenson gave it to her when she was 10 years old - and it basically drowned her then.  But, she has worn it EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. since then.  :)  It really is the epitome of the best "ugly" Christmas sweater ever.  It is very bedazzled.  I love how she loves it and wears it as much as she can during Christmas time ... AND that she still has it!!)

It's a big crowd!  And always fun to be together.

Crafting it up for another 24 Days of Christmas Activity:

 


Christmas Puzzle!



 Funny how the most simple and easy activities turn out to be so much fun - families really need down time to just interact, laugh, and enjoy each other.  :)  I love this last picture - it is a good reminder of the importance of just spending time together.  Love these sweet spirits!
December:  What a great month!

1 comment:

  1. Some fabulous blogging! Love the pics and your awesome family. Warms my heart!!

    ReplyDelete