Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Beginnings - "The Right Shoes - Standing in Holy Places"

Have I mentioned how much I love my calling in church? Well - I do. A lot. I love the girls tons and tons - I love the ladies I get to work with - I love the work! - I love how strongly I feel the spirit - I love love love LOVE being able to spend so much time with Marissa - I love being involved in creativity that I can contribute to but never could accomplish on my own - I. LOVE. IT!

 Here are some pictures of our awesome New Beginnings night - a night that we welcome the girls that will be turning 12 within the year into the YW program - as well as emphasize the theme for the year "Stand in Hold Places". We had a Mother/Daughter night that turned out fabulous! 

Invites:

Set Up - I took pictures before it was all complete, but - other than a few more pairs of shoes and pictures of the temple - this is it!  Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  :)




To welcome the newest 12 year olds - we made Value-Ribbon-Flip-Flops - which we presented to the girls after they were spot-lighted.  I am so excited for the cute beehives joining us this year!  Woot!  (the tag says - "We are 'SHOE' happy that you are joining Young Womens this year")

My gorgeous Miss:
The girls and leaders prepared and sang the song "Worthy to Stand" this night.  The last line of the song is:  "We'll be worthy to stand".  It was my absolute favorite part of the evening!  So spiritual and touching and amazing.


It's the little details like this that I love to bring everything all together:

We had a fabulous program about how choosing the right shoes for the right circumstances can compare to choosing the right and standing on the Lord's side in all that we do.  It was very effective - and fun!  I got too busy serving food, eating my food, listening, visiting, and participating to get any "during" pics.  Oh well.  I will always remember it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment