We drove to a sweet little lake that we could hike down a little ways to - and stopped there for fishing and lunching. There were a million teeny tiny dragon flies. They were really attracted to Krystal and just kept landing all over her. It really was cool to see!
Gramma Pat, Krystal and I walked around the entire lake!
Check out this serenity. Apparently fishing is very relaxing - but, I just can't stand all the bugs!!
Me and my cutie - hiking partner. :)
This picture was taken from across the lake. It's quite beautiful! We pretty much had the whole lake to ourselves!
Unfortunately, this was the best catch of the day! *thumbs down!* Lotsa seaweed!
M's idea of hanging out at this lake is chillin' in the air conditioned car! haha! Grampa's car was the only one that could four wheel drive it all the way down to the lake. Believe me - I tried. The van only made it a couple of yards before I was scared I was gonna get stuck! The bugs were seriously BUGGY!
Where M is -- this little munchkin is!
Back at camp - the gamin' and playin' got serious!
Marissa's tan line this year compliments of very "strategically" placed sunscreen. lol!
The kiddos put on a fabulous roller derby show for us - complete with choreographed tricks and poses!
And beautiful bows at the end!
And cute little Ethan providing water for the performers. Sweetest thing ever!
We were all grateful for some down time with our electronics.
There was so much to do just hanging around camp! We loved having the lake so close.
Here's the grand-parentals enjoying their own down time. Jackets at the foot of the bed - shoes and socks off -- the weather was cold in the mornings and evenings and hot in the afternoon! I love that we can see Mom's bag of crocheting there too. :)
Gramps sneaked out early one morning for some canoeing. I'm so glad I happened to wake up and catch him!
Early morning water-dunk challenge! It was cold!!
LOVE this little dude. Check out Ethan's focus for aiming -- he was pretty dang good, too!
This picture makes me chuckle, because M pulled these two in close! haha. Love these amazing ladies!
Mooooooooo!! We enjoyed hours of cow bellows each morning and night as cows were transported around. We drove through them as well - they pretty much could stick their heads right into our car windows if we stopped for too long!
We drove into town for THE best french fries in the world! And ice cream. Of course - ice cream.
The kidlets enjoyed some playground time.
Then, we finally took the kiddos over to the "beachier" area of the lake to play. And - they had a blast! There was this man-made island thingy that they all wanted to swim out to and climb on. The ladder on it was broken - but, it was a challenge just to swim out to it - and they challenged each other to climb on. Nobody was able to (except Aaron). I laughed my head off at Krystal swimming with this life jacket on! So did she. Her head would just barely poke out of it. lolololololol!
I love this TyTy -- and his "don't get me wet" screams. You better believe those screeches encouraged the kids to persist more diligently with the splashing! Ha!
And, oh yes! Aaron talked the smack talk when challenged to get on that island. Unfortunately, for all the rest of us -- he WAS able to get on that damn thing -- and was the ONLY one able to. So he stayed up there and busted a move while Tyler and Marissa wore themselves ragged trying to help each other up. What a studly stinker!!
Check out this sweet hair do Krystal and Hanna concocted! I love it!
When Gramma and Grampa are in charge of dinner - that means STEAK! Woot! We always eat good when we're camping. Yum. Yum. And we play lotsa cards -- our fave!
Is Aaron keeping score? That could be dangerous. ;)
I am dying with how much these guys have grown this past year! (Well - except Marissa - haha! She is stuck at 5'3" from here on out, I'm sure! - JUST the way we like her!) Look at that Megan looking up to her. Awwwww. Love!
What is camping without S'mores around the fire! Deeelish!
The kids played "The Ground is Lava" on this ginormous rock. I have to admit - it was rather entertaining! They really got into it.
They kept each other safe ... mostly.
And tried to save the fallen victims (Aaron looks pretty miserable in that there lava! But - Megan is on it ... don't you worry!)
And we ALL enjoyed Marissa's melting into the lava pits so dramatically!! So, no one really tried to save her - they just liked to let her melt into the lava! LOL!
What a great trip! Looking forward to the next one!
Love it! Getting excited for this years trip!! I canNOT believe how much the kids have grown. Thanks for all the great pics and awesome documentation. LOVE my family!
ReplyDelete